Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Toasted Snack Recipes - Simple But Amazingly World-Renowned



Do you enjoy toasted snacks?

Every time I hear the word "snacks", I most often get the notion of bread time, or a bread break. I don't know but I see bread as a staple that is always almost present during snack time.

For busy people like you and me, I think one of the greatest advantages of a toasted snack is it's being quick and so convenient to prepare. It's so versatile that can be ideal for mid-day break, an afternoon snack, to make speedy sophisticated starters, lunches or suppers, and even for midnight munchies.

Let me share two fantastic toasted-bread snack recipes which you too can enjoy whether you go for bread, bun or bagel.

Lemony Tuna Toasts with Capers

Ingredients
200g ( 7oz) tuna brine, flaked
2 teaspoons small capers, rinsed and drained well
21/2 teaspoons lemon rind, finely-grated
2 teaspoons lemon juice
Salt to taste
Freshly-milled black pepper
10cm (4 in) length cucumber, thinly sliced
2 slices white bread
2 teaspoons softened butter or margarine
75g (21/2 oz) Mozarella cheese, sliced
Lemon balm or parsley, to garnish

No comments:

Post a Comment